Recent and Notable Cases
- Vector Limited v The Electricity Authority  NZCA 453,  NZCA 49. Decisions about the scope of the Electricity Authority’s jurisdiction to seek more standardisation in electricity distribution agreements, and the respective roles of the Authority and the Commerce Commission.
- Re General Electric International Inc  NZHC 3368. Successful appeal of a decision by the New Zealand Registrar of Companies, about an exemption from filing audited financial statements.
- Sky Network Television Ltd v My Box NZ Ltd NZHC 2768, (2018) 136 IPR 341. Obtained summary judgment under the Fair Trading Act about the illegality of pre-loaded Kodi boxes.
- City Financial Investment Co (New Zealand) Ltd v Transpower New Zealand Ltd NZHC 1488. Acted for the Electricity Authority in an appeal and judicial review of the Authority’s decision about alleged Code breaches concerning the HVDC link.
- Miraka Limited v Milk New Zealand (Shanghai) Co Limited NZHC 2163. Acted for the plaintiff in a summary judgment proceeding concerning take or pay and arbitration clauses.
- Unison Networks Limited v Solar City Limited NZHC 1343. Acted for the Electricity Authority in a Part 20 appeal against a decision of the Rulings Panel about the scope of its jurisdiction to hear Code disputes.
- Splice Fruit Ltd v New Zealand Kiwifruit Board  NZHC 864,  NZAR 680. Acted for Zespri in a judicial review of the regulator’s decision about collaborative marketing.
- Fortes v Bank of New Zealand NZCA 346. Acted for the Bank to enforce a loan despite arguments about the borrower agent’s conduct. Summary judgment granted in the High Court, upheld by the Court of Appeal.
- Mawhinney v Nags Head Horse Hotel Ltd  NZCA 401, (2013) 14 NZCPR 759. Acted for a lender/mortgagee in a dispute about security issues and priorities. Successful in the High Court, upheld in the Court of Appeal.